The blogging world has taken the internet by storm. Read this article to learn why you should get started blogging yourself with one of the best open source blogging platforms available: WordPress.
Well these top companies and publications have:
- The New York Times
- Yahoo's Corporate Blog
- CNN's Political Ticker
- Sony Playstation Blog
- Southwest Airlines
The list goes on and on... You're probably thinking: if all these huge companies use this software called WordPress, it's probably too complicated for a beginning blogger like me. That is just absolutely wrong. WordPress is very simple to use and anyone can start blogging with it. The reason why such large companies and small-time bloggers alike use WordPress is the simplicity, flexibility, and easy of use. Let's not forget WordPress is absolutely free and open source. Here are some of the benefits of using WordPress as your blogging platform of choice:
- A huge community full of support, free templates, plugins, and additional addons and modifications for your blog
- A dynamic theming system, change the look of your entire blog with one click.
- Generate "SEO-friendly" permalinks with the click of a button.
- Built-in RSS feed functionality.
- Categorize and tag your blog posts.
- Create static pages.
- Integrated search box.
- Automatic pinging to the top blog ping services.
The possibilities are literally endless... With the thousands upon thousands of other blogs running WordPress, it's popularity is undeniable. Give it a test drive yourself by signing up for a free hosted blog at WordPress.com or take the plunge and host it yourself. Take advantage of the variety of free tools and resources associated with this popular open source blogging software. Happy blogging!